Looking to build muscle and bulk up?
Increase bulk with these 3 simple exercises:
Perform the full body exercise first before performing the ‘pull’ and ‘push’ exercises togethe
FULL BODY EXERCISES: SQUAT PRESS
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart, hold dumb bells at shoulder height
- Squat down slowly until knee joint is at right angle and hamstrings are parallel to the floor
- Squeeze and drive upwards pressing dumb bells up into the air whilst raising on to calves.
Perform 4-6 sets of 8-10 repetitions with 60 seconds rest in between
PUSH EXERCISE: MAXIMUM PULL UPS
- Place hands on pull up bar as wide as possible, head facing forward, feet together
- Squeeze and pull up quickly until chin is above bar,
- Return to start position and repeat
Perform maximum number of pull ups followed by maximum number of press ups without rest.
PULL EXERCISE: MAXIMUM PRESS UPS
- Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width, head facing the floor, feet together with glutes activated and core switched on.
- Drop down quickly as far as possible, resist.
- Press up quickly returning to start position and repeat
Perform maximum number of press ups, rest for 60 seconds and repeat pull up and press up combination 4-6 times